Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hard drive full

• 20-06-2024 2:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hey all

So as the title explains my hard drive (C:) is full up and I'm wondering where to go from here. So the hard drive currently syncs with dropbox (C drive therefore contains dropbox files). That means that if I remove stuff from hard drive it also goes from Dropbox at same time? The laptop is just a year and a half old with 256gb memory and no room to fit another one in there. I would take comfort from not interfering with dropbox files. So is there a way I can stop syncing for a moment while I move files from C drive to an external drive? And then just start syncing again?

And should size of C drive on laptop match the size on external drive when they are moved over? Just so I know they moved over correctly. I fear losing some files in the process because I did try it with some folders (copying them) but when I opened the external drive many folders were empty! Any suggestions advice much appreciated as I'm not great with I.T

Comments

Advertisement