Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gas Strut Window - where can I order?

• 20-06-2024 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Just about to start our kitchen/diner/sittingroom remodel & I am hoping to install a "gas strut" kitchen window (& double patio doors with an arch shaped top.)

Gas strut windows (flip out & open to 90 degrees) seem to be popular in Australia but I am having trouble sourcing one here or anywhere in Europe. Does anyone have any advice or know where I could order one or get one made please?

Window size in drawings is 1810 mm W x 1250mm H. Patio doors in architectural drawings = 2315mm W x 2250mm H (I'm assuming the arch shape will be additional to the H dimension).

Thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

The main brand in australia is Renlita. I'm not sure if they have a european distributor.

For a very simply gas strut window, it's simply a top hung casement window with a gas strutt added. And good window manufacturer should be able to help with that. The vertical folding cantilevered versions are slightly more complex engineering.

I would assume the 2250 height incluses the arch. As if not, and it was a semi circular arch it would be 3400mm high. Do you have drawings

Advertisement