Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ideas for summer holidays 2 adults 3 kids budget of 3k

Options
  • 20-06-2024 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

We are looking for a summer holiday 2 adults 3 kids (12, 9,2).
    Preferably somewhere with the sun and a bit of heat.
    Don’t mind if it’s later in summer like September or something.
    The budget is approx 3k.
    We don’t mind if it’s a hotel with a kids club or a villa with a private pool as long as it’s decent accommodation close to a beach and close to the town centre etc, or even on good transport links.
    I’ve had no look trying to find something in the likes of lanzarote and Spain and Portugal seem to be quite dear.
    They get cheaper the later you go but then the chances of decent weather are slimmer.
    Any suggestions and help is greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Kurooi

Malaga is pretty lovely , lots of smaller towns and resorts along the coast would be cheaper, while you can still bus it down to the city, or even Granada.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

looking on love holidays for 10nights In Malaga in august the cheapest is 2995 but no pool- which is a no no to be honest.
    Next at 3425 has no pool either and after that it’s 5k plus.
    Flights for the 5 of us in August are coming in at around €1350 on there own with Ryanair.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

Fly into South of France in late august, get bus transfer to campsite.

You'll get better value

Pools, slides, restaurants.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭muzakfan

Check out Salou. Getting decent prices on love holidays towards the end of August.

https://www.loveholidays.ie/holidays/?destinationIds=1034&nights=10&rooms=2-12-9-2&date=2024-08-01&flexibility=-2&sort=POPULAR

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Pixied

I booked Bella Italia, Lake Garda via booking.com one year. We went in September, Ryanair to Bergamo, pre-booked a taxi to collect us, 50 minutes drive to Bella Italia. Taxi Cost was about 250 return just before covid. Booked a 2 bed bungalow for 10 days. Worked out really well. Saved a fortune. 2 adults, 3 kids too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭The Mulk

Fly to Verona, Ryanair, €80 for an 8 seater taxi. We’re just back from Del Garda Village and camping. It was recommended, quieter and more modern than Bella Italia, so suited us. 10 minute walk into Peschiera Del Garda, opposite direction to Bella. Weather was mixed though.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,171 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I've got 5 of us, kids are a similar age, 11 nights all-inclusive in Rhodes, has pool, waterslides, kids club and right beside the beach. The room has it's own small pool as well, Flying out of cork for 3,800 (I know it's over your budget but we'll spend little on food and drink), had a look there, still some reasonable enough prices left flying from Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,337 ✭✭✭mojesius

Can I ask what the name of the hotel is? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 28,171 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Delfinia resort, all inclusive

Reviews are all over the place, looks like it'll be fine for us though, especially with what we paid. We went back to the same place in salo the last 2 years but the price had jumped way up this year so said we'd take a chance on somewhere else.

Advertisement