Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Understanding TRIAC or other lighting dimming options

Options
  • 21-06-2024 12:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Understanding TRIAC or other lighting dimming options

Hi, We have a newly wired house (including neutral wiring) and I am buying a new light for a kitchen island. It comes as a regular light with a dimming button on it (which we wont be able to reach easily), or with a series of other options that I am trying to understand (see below). I want to be able to control it using apple homekit/philips hue/homeassistant (which I havent setup or built as yet) from an app and a wall switch, so I would appreciate advice re which is the dimming option I need to get with the light. I also want it to integrate with what I will do with other spots and lights in the kitchen/living area - I want to be able to set up automations/scenes etc hence I dont want to have to use one app for this light, and another app for the other spots etc. Im new to all this but relatively techy, but the light is expensive and not something I want to get wrong, so any advice would be appreciated. 

These are the dimming options available: 

TRIAC

CASAMBI

DALI

PUSH-DIM

1-10 Volt Dimming

And this is the info sheet on the light itself which has more detail: 

https://presscloud.com/file/77/778574885417269/ANOUR-FAQ-2024.pdf

Also, and slightly separately but related, I need to find 8mm wide LED strip for under kitchen cabinets (the housing is already in) that will also link in to the overall system. Any wording for the tech I need to look up would be helpful, as the mainstream philips hue is too wide for the strip. Can i get a regular LED strip and a dimmable driver, and then control it from a smart wired wall switch? 

Thanks 

Carrie 

Comments

Advertisement