Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firebird C26 Issues

Options
  • 21-06-2024 4:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭

I have a 1970s Bungalow with a Firebird C26 and a Stanley Solid fuel stove providing the heating,I notice lately that when the oil heating is on it seems to throw a lot of water up into the expansion tank and it heats up the radiators quickly..The thermostat on Boiler appears to be ok as when I set it to minimum and when it cuts out it starts again as I move up the thermostat.

The second question I have is that the oil pump is weeping at the shaft that goes through the solenoid.Do those pumps come pre set or do I need a pressure guage to change it.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,261 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

Re 1st question,has anything changed on the heating system that's causing that pump-over?

2nd. Have you tried tightening the stem?

New pump should be set with a pressure gauge and the air adjustment setup with a Flue gas Analyser.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭MAYOMICK

No nothing has chanced in ststem.It used always throw out a bit of water but it seems to be worse lately.

I did tighten the stem and it improved it but its still damp.

Perhaps its worse this time of year because some rads off and pump still circulating same volume. Lots of dual systems are incorrectly plumbed, usually when one or other is a later add on rather than done together from the start.

Time to get the pump changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭jimf

you could chance turning pump speed down if its set to 3

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Tom44

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭jimf

well i was going to try taxi work but not for me

Advertisement