Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer in the Civil Service 2024 Campaign

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

you can’t guarantee same department, if you choose to reapply you’ll simply be put where the need is and will need to do an internal transfer

• Registered Users Posts: 1 sbc08772690

OOM 963 with score of 563 for Dublin region. Is this a realistic score to possibly called for interviews depending on vacancies. Fact sheet provided lists me within top third for score. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6 LilyOdhranSadhbh

Hi, can anyone tell me the process please? I was thinking of just emailing public jobs to see if they could give me any information. So I am OOM in the 50s, will I have to wait until a vacancy in the 50s come up in my county and be called then for an interview for that vacancy? Sorry guys I'm probably confusing you all. It's my first time applying for the CO permanent competition. I'm a TCO at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Mutant

217 for Tipperary with score of 544. First time applying so dont know if this good and what my chances of interview are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 netbean

OOM 136 for Galway, Score 578. Currently a TCO in the DSP.

For that competition I had OOM of 52 and that took almost a year to get an interview, but I got the job offer within a week of interview.

It’s a long drawn out process.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 Bigbear899

Interviews are called in batches and a panel is formed. If there are 10 vacancies they may call 30 or 40 in batch one and everyone who passes that interview is put on a panel with the top 10 being offered the vacancies.

So say they call 40 for 10 vacancies and 30 pass... that is the panel... the top 10 get offered the vacancies and lest say they all accept.

Then there are still 20 left on the panel for the next vacancies that come up. If that panel get exhausted and there are still more vacancies coming up during the life.if the panel then the next batch is called and so on.

But if there is ever only 20 vacancies in total then the second 10 from the original batch is offered the spots and so on as they either accept or turn it down.

Thanks so much for explaining it so clearly..I understand now 😊 so depending on how many vacancies and how many accept their offers I could still be in with a chance hopefully 🙏 🤞

Best of luck with the competition!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Bigbear899

I'm not in this Comp. Recently promoted EO here. Keeping an eye on thing for my brother.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Caoimhe2

HeY from the last time i applied I think the next step was to choose towns in my chosen county then next step was my interview

They could call the first 50 or 100 for interview

Thanks very much, that's great information back also 😊

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 curlylou23

Hi, does anyone know if you are a currently serving TCO do you still need to do the interview for the CO position or do you need references ? 🤔

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 33 MaryKaye79

yes, you will need to go through the whole process to get a permanent CO position - you will have to pass the interview and references will be checked.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 summersun23

Top 10 for Meath. Be interesting to see when they kick off the interviews...did anyone apply for the one through Irish too?

As regards the query about applying for the CO when you are already a CO elsewhere - lots do this when the commute does not suit so nothing to really explain at interview as such.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Anyone know why the panel is 12 months instead of 2 years? Whatever about getting through everyone on panel within a year for Dublin, don't think it would be the same for other counties

Dont know.. Yeah dublin is always the best bet alright . Most offices offer blended so it suits lots of people from ajoining counties too I suppose ..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

That info should be in the competition booklet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

That's it in a nut shell. A place on the panel is not a job offer as such.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

It doesn't or wouldn't specify why a competition is a particular length.

Advertisement