Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xenon bulbs advice/help

• 21-06-2024 11:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭

I have a 2017 VW Golf MK7.5 facelift

Looking for a decent set of Xenon dipped beam bulbs, preferably 5000 - 6000k

What's Legal and passable with NCTwas looking at a few Philips ones but they mostly say "not for use on public roads" on the back of the box's.

So where or what CAN I buy that road legal and passable on NCT.

Anyone have any links to good decent set? Thanks!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,338 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Proper xenon headlights need auto levelling and a washer jet system to pass the NCT. Xenon bulbs are not a straight replacement for existing halogen bulbs either, you would need a HID kit fitted.

But that technology is outdated now. You should look at LED bulbs instead, they don't require auto levelling or a washer jet system to pass the NCT. As always make sure the bulbs are compatible and not blinding to oncoming traffic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

I'm basically just looking for ice white bulbs to replace the old yellow halogens. I want to give thebulbs a modern white look. So can I buy halogen like that!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,244 ✭✭✭User1998

You can buy halogens that are marketed to be ‘ice white’ but they will never replicate the whiteness or brightness of a HID or LED. You can get H7 LED bulbs to fit a Golf, but they might blind oncoming drivers

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,164 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Try here, I've heard good things about their sets. I've. Aset to put in from them, It came with the dulls, dipped and DRLs.

https://www.ledperf.ie/#auto

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

YEah I don't want to blind oncoming traffic and also want something that's perfectly legal and NCT passable. Would Halogens not give that white effect. I literally just want to make the lights a bit more like modern cars and not have the old yellow tinted lights.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,244 ✭✭✭User1998

No you can’t get white halogens. You can try but you’ll probably be disappointed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 807 ✭✭✭mk7r

Mauye an upgrade to higher spec OEM headlights?

Advertisement