Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2015 skoda octavia 2.0 150 bhp elegance

• 22-06-2024 1:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Hey,

Just looking for people's opinions on this car reliability wise. Currently driving a 2012 i40 which is probably the worst car I've ever owned. I won't get into it here but just one problem after another.

Anyways looking to upgrade a bit and seen a 2015 octavia 2.0 diesel. It's right on my budget at 12k it has 210,000kms (130,000) miles. Would I be mad spending that much on a nearly 10 year old car? Prices have seem to gone through the roof. I do a lot of milage maybe 20 - 25k a year mixed between motorway and secondary roads so I would appreciate the bit of extra power for overtaking. I also tpow a trailer every now and again so I'm looking for something with a little bit of power that won't struggle.

Any input is appreciated and any other suggestions of cars is also welcomed, was also looking at passats and superbs but the 2.0 versions are a lot more expensive.

If ye made it through that essay I would love to hear any opinions, cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭User1998

If its reliability you want then spending your entire budget on a 9 year old 130k miler probably isn’t the best idea. It could have its own host of problems and will probably need some maintenance. You could easily spend over €1000 on a service, two shocks, and a timing belt and water pump in the next 12 months for example

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I’ve had a 2015 one for the last 5 years and have done a lot of mileage in that time. Very few things have gone wrong outside of basic servicing.

I should add that I paid less at the time for it than the one you’re looking at 5 years later.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Roversfc

Yeah I believe it, prices are ridiculous at the moment. May have to start looking at the 1.6 octavia's as you get more bang for your buck there. Think you can get them in 115hp too which mightent be too bad

Advertisement