Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

International transfer

Options
  • 22-06-2024 3:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭

hi I sent money with BOI inter pay to Poland in May, company are now hinting that they beaver got the money, when they ring they say they are not allowed to give out any information, it was their money I was returning to them.

I asked the BOI last week did the transfer go to the Polish bank and they confirmed over the phone it did.

I would like to get BOI to do an investigation on this and get confirmation in writing that the money went through and get them to get confirmation from the Polish bank so I can send it to the company.

I take it that once the money went into their account my obligation ended and the payment was made.

Thanks for any advice .

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

I'm sorry, but I don't understand what you are saying in the first paragraph… Either the company received the payment or they did not, there is no hinting about it. Have you confirmed with the company that you had their correct details? When exactly did you execute the transfer? Have you sent them documentation showing that the transfer was executed.

If you want BOI to do a trace then you need to talk to them and pay a fee. But be aware that BOI can only do a trace on their side which would indicate that the money was sent. The company would need to initiate a trace on their side with their bank.

If you made a mistake in sending the money, then eventually it most likely will be returned to you. However this could take weeks for it to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭mcko

no I have 3 e mails from them with their. bank details they are being evasive when on the phone , they are not saying the money did or not go to their account

No mistakes on the inter pay form for BOI

Can BOI request confirmation from the Polish bank that they got the money

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭JVince

Yes, they will be able to give you a trace number and confirm it got to the account.

They will also be able to say the exact day it reached the account (most likely the following day)

You don't need an "investigation". Simply ask for written confirmation (email will suffice) and a trace number.

Thanks that is all I need

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

In that case I would do nothing - Tell them the money was sent on such and such a day, you have confirmation of this and that they should follow it up with their bank and leave it at that.

You can ask BOI what exactly they could supply, they will be able to supply details of their side of the transaction. But I would be very surprised if any bank was willing to supply confirmation about an amount had arrived at their client's account as this would be a serious breach of financial confidentiality, but you might be luck.

At the end of the day I would not lose any sleep over it. If they did not get their money let them chase it.

• Advertisement

thanks

Advertisement