Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sewers! Can you give me some guidance on this?

Options
  • 22-06-2024 4:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,098 ✭✭✭

This is supposed to be a blind to cover the sides, top and bottom of the window, what can I do to sort this, is this a lining issue(the same fabric as the curtain) or a cord issue?

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭wildwillow

You should probably shorten the cord so it has more tension and will stay at the top.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭phormium

If that is curtain wire in upper bit it needs to be shortened so that it's actually tight between hooks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,098 ✭✭✭Bredabe

The fabric is actually sitting under the cord hook(if that makes sense) so, does that mean I need to start with a longer cord and cut it back once the fabric is straight on it?

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭cobham

You need to tighten/shorten the curtain wire. The receiving hooks need to be well bedded in to take the pressure. I would have make the channel for the wire a couple of inches away from edge of fabric so as to create a ruffle that might catch some of the light peeping thru at the edge.

Advertisement