Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virgin connection issues

Options
  • 22-06-2024 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭

I have a Virgin router (the tall white one). The WiFi has always been perfect but in the last few months it's dropping several times a day. Is this a general Virgin issue in , or do I just need a new router?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,330 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Have you done a site survey to see if there's any other new networks on the same channel as yours? Is it happening at the same time every day?

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭DumbBrunette

It affects the 5ghz and 2.4ghz bands so I had discounted interference as the problem - I'm not an expert though!!

Advertisement