Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crazy flight prices!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭thatsdaft

It’s cheaper now often to fly across Atlantic than go to a lot of locations in Europe, insanity

And that’s before we get to stupid Ryanair bag prices

• Registered Users Posts: 10,519 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

so as I posted in the op:

Fri 18/4/25 for 2 adults, a “young adult 😑😒” and 2 children, return, is coming in at €3728.76 for aerlingus and €3291.40 for Ryanair.

So €3291.40 for flight only with 20kg checked vs approx 3k with love holidays for better flight times!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,519 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Yeah the headline flight prices with Ryanair sound ok until you have to add on the checked luggage and that where it goes crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,262 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

Don’t know about Aer Lingus tbh, find airhint.com good for tracking Ryanair flights, they give a percentage chance of fare rise / fall too, if I were you ( I’m a bit weird ) I’d pick a few Ryanair destinations for around the days you can travel & set up email alerts, too early to panic yet

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭tfeldi

Maybe be a bit more flexible on destination. For example, I booked flights to Athens for Easter 2025 (12 - 26) for a family of four (two adults and two kids (10, 7) with SAS with connection in Copenhagen. Four check in suitcases. Total price return 1,002 Euro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,344 ✭✭✭mojesius

You could also look at Jet2 holidays flying out of Belfast for package deals. Usually better value with baggage, transfers included, choice of whatever star accommodation also

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

As others have said, Easter in Canaries is v expensive as it's one of the few places you can be (almost) certain of good weather. You're also very early for next Easter. I looked it up there and it was €500 return without luggage. I think you're going to have to keep a very close eye on travel agents websites and go for it if you see something that suits (Love Holidays has a very bad reputation but as long as you don't need them for anything - flight cancelled/you want to cancel etc) you should be ok.

Or be flexible on date or location. Or get a ferry to France / Spain and travel around. If I had that many people and luggage to get to Europe I'd be taking a car.

Advertisement