Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Stone Roses!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭yagan

Funnily enough it took me years to appreciate them as when their were at their peak I was going to gigs every weekend and simply couldn't tune into this scene that was happening elsewhere. There were a few in my college class who wouldn't listen to anything else and wouldn't stop going on about the Stone Roses, so I kinda of tuned out.

Years later I actually ended living in Manchester for a while and really got to appreciate how brilliant the music was in its setting. Definitely preferable to misery Morrissey.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,837 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Fool's Gold is not a B-side. It was released as a double A-side single with What The World Is Waiting For. Two versions - 4.15 and 9.53.

Sally Cinnamon is not a B-side. It was released as a single in 1987 (RM Revolver label) who then reissued it as a cash-in when the Stone Roses fever was at is height after that TOTP appearance in November 1989. Three of the Silvertone singles also re-entered the UK charts shortly afterwards (spring 1990). The band refused to make a video for the reissue so FM Revolver put one together.

Elephant Stone is not a B-side. It was released as a single in late 1988. Two versions - the shorter 7" mix is better IMHO.

Back in 1989 I used to buy NME every week and Melody Maker occasionally. The NME gave the album 7/10 whereas Bob Stanley in Melody Maker was much more positive. I got it later on in May 1989 and it's one of three albums that will always remind me of cramming for the Leaving Cert during those few weeks.

Advertisement