Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking Thomond Park

Options
  • 23-06-2024 8:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭

I'm going to Liam Gallagher in Thomond mid July. Last year I went to Dermot Kennedy and online I was able to book tickets to park in LIT Moylish campus. It was fierce handy. That doesn't seem to be available for this concert. Does anyone know do they open it up for online booking closer to concert day or is it not akways available for every gig etc. Coming from Cork. Thanks ☺️

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 22,420 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

I never book it, park in LIT and pay on the way in when going to matches in Thomond. Its always been open for every match ive been to

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Paddico

Do you still need to give the unofficial parking attendant a fiver to 'mind your car' ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,462 ✭✭✭finbarrk

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,071 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Park in the city center and walk out to the stadium. It's only a 20 minute walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Paddico

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,356 ✭✭✭Tefral

"The Limerick Strand Hotel is one of the only City Centre Hotels that provide onsite underground parking with direct access to the hotel in Limerick City. If you prefer to leave the car at home, we are just a stroll from Limerick Train Station and both the bus terminal and coach stationThe on site car park at the hotel offers over 200 spaces, the car park is located on level -2 and there is direct access to the hotel lobby from the carpark.
    Our carpark is chargeable at reduced rates as follows:
    – 90 Minutes complimentary Valid upon spending a minimum of €5.00 on food & beverage at the hotel .
    – €2.80 per hour thereafter
    – Overnight Rate (24 hours)  €10.00 per day
    – Conference Day Rate €10.00 per day"

Park in the strand too as an option?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,581 ✭✭✭RINO87

Mahoooosive car parks down by Jetland/Caherdavin cross, if Moylish is not an option. Lidl/Dunnes/Woodies etc… Straight out to the tunnel then after so little to no traffic to contend with

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭snowstreams

Is there anywhere decent for parking on the Clare side of Limerick? Im coming from Galway so was hoping not to have to cross the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,317 ✭✭✭✭phog

Park at the Greenhills Hotel and walk to Thomond Park, or drive closer and Park near Caherdavin Church, Scout hall or the Credit Union or as mentioned above, the car park at the Jetland, be careful of using the underground car park in the Jetland as the gates close when the store closes.

I’ll be arriving a bit late so I might try above ground in jetland first & if not swing back to Greenlands hotel. Thanks

(I presume they leave the overground jet land carpark open all night?)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,317 ✭✭✭✭phog

I think so but I know they poster to say the underground car park closes when the store closes, I'd say if you're arriving late then drive in around Greenhills/Caherdavin and take the first available spot and walk to the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,038 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

I'm pretty sure it can't be locked but best look out for a gate on the way in.

thanks I parked in jetland outdoor section in the end. Cheers

Advertisement