Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Now TV - PVR features now working properly

Options
  • 23-06-2024 12:07pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Possibly in anticipation of the launch of Sky Sports +, now about six weeks away, but Now TV’s pause and rewind live tv features now finally seem to work properly, it seemed to be hit and miss on Apple TV in the past but it’s working properly now and also working on iOS and LG webOS, at least.

You can rewind the live channel for up to two hours, and you don’t have to have been watching it like you would with a traditional PVR.

Possibly not one that will be useful to everyone but certainly a major help for me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,383 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Yes noticed towards the last month or so in the Premier League games they had brought it in, it was badly needed across the board for live events.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

I just tried Pause and Rewind on Sky News and other Sky entertainment channels and Sky Sports News on a Samsung TV app and on a LG TV app and a error symbol comes up on both in the top left-hand corner. Is the new feature only available on the Sports Membership?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

You’re right, it only works on sports channels (both Sky Sports and Sports Extra). I just checked Sky Sports News and it worked fine though. (iOS platform). I do have a Sports membership though.

It doesn’t work on Entertainment, I can’t confirm Cinema as I don’t have that membership.

Some Entertainment shows do give you a “Watch from Start” prompt though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

Just spotted this on the Now help website https://help.nowtv.com/ie/article/what-features-are-available-on-now

"You can pause and rewind the live sports channels and Bonus Streams for up to 2 hours on all supported devices, except for:

• LG TVs running WebOS 3.x and below
    • Samsung TVs from 2016 and earlier
    • Chromecast

You can also pause and rewind live entertainment and Sky Cinema channels for up to 30 minutes on NOW and Roku devices"

Which explains why my 2016 Samsung TV didn't have the feature

Advertisement