Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pension PAYE usc

Options
  • 23-06-2024 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭

My friend has three pensions

1. Full state contributory
    2. Work pension of about e 300 pm
    3. Work pension of about e 100 pm

Does he have to pay paye/prsi/usc.

His wife also receives the full contributory state pension.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46 XT1200

Judging from my own circumstance which is Full Contributary State pension for myself and my wife and two other pensions the total of which is €983 I do not pay usc but I do pay €151. per month PAYE

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭me4many

Thanks for that...

I want to correct one figure above

The smaller pension is about e 160 p/m

On the smaller pension ( 160 p/m ) he's paying about e 3.00 usc and about e 64.00 PAYE.

On the larger pension e 300 p/m approx he pays about about e2.00 usc and zero PAYE.

Tkx..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,807 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Sounds right. Work Pensions and State Pensions are taxable if their total exceeds the earnings thresholds. In fact they may owe tax on the state pension if they haven't declared it. If their total income is, as you estimate 34-35k, then their may be nontax liability but still USC

Post edited by Jim_Hodge on

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭EarWig

Just use this, but make sure to put in pension age.

https://www.pwc.ie/issues/budget-2024/income-tax-calculator.html

Advertisement