Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what could have happened

Options
  • 23-06-2024 3:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I hope it is allowed to ask such things here, but I have been looking for an opportunity to talk about something that happened to me on vacation 3 years ago.

I was diagnosed with dissociative amnesia because I cannot remember what happened over a period of 4 days, although the police cannot rule out that the memory gap may be due to drugs.

However, I would never take drugs, and I am simply interested in hearing the opinions of others about what might have happened, as I have only been able to talk to psychologists about it, which has not been very helpful.

After finishing school, I decided to go on vacation alone for the first time with four other friends, and we flew to Crete. When we arrived, we started partying and doing the typical things people our age do there.

After two days of little sleep and a lot of alcohol, I wasn't feeling well and wanted to rest in my hotel room before we went out to party again in the evening. The others wanted to go to the beach during that time, and we agreed to meet at a restaurant in the evening before going out to party.

I slept for a while and called one of the others in the evening to check how things were going and to let them know I would join them again. They told me they were already at the party location and that I should come directly there. However, I must have fallen asleep again, as I sent a message to a friend around 11 PM saying I had fallen asleep again and would be coming now. He just replied with "OK." I then walked to the party location, which was relatively close to the hotel. I remember using the map app on my phone to find the address and walk there. From that point, everything becomes very blurry, and I only remember fragments. I remember arriving somewhere with only restaurants, which were already closed, and I couldn't find the location. I also seem to have tried calling the others again, but one of their phones was dead.

This is the first strange thing: I don't understand why I didn't call one of the others.

I don't remember anything else; the rest are just details from police investigations.

Shortly after 2:00 AM, I wrote to my mom, asking if she knew if it was possible to check into another hotel at night because something was wrong and I needed to leave.

A camera also shows me leaving the hotel with my bag around that time.

I wrote to her again, saying I was on the street walking to a new hotel and asking if she could check how much money was left in my account because I couldn't log in.

also have screenshots of the two messages if anyone is interested.

She was asleep and only read these messages the next day. By that time, my phone was already off, and the others noticed around noon that I was not in my room, thinking I had simply fallen asleep again and not come.

In the following days, I was searched for everywhere by the police. The search was only covered in local media with information from the police because my parents didn't want to make it public.

Here's the next thing I don't understand: whenever I ask my parents about it, they don't want to talk about it and just tell me to let it go.

My bag was found on the beach without my valuables and without my phone, which was later found in an uninhabited area near the beach.

After 4 days, I was found walking on a street, dehydrated, with minor injuries, looking unwell, and very confused.

The police assumed it was a multi-day drug party.

Back home, I underwent therapy, but my memories have not returned to this day.

What do you think?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement