Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Build or Buy used?

Options
  • 23-06-2024 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,559 ✭✭✭

My PC died on me. I built it about 10 years ago and was planning to build a new one later this year. Right now, I have a lot going on…mainly solar battery building and other reasonably large DIY projects on my hands. I am not hugely keen on taking on a build project in the middle of this busy time, but I want to get something that will last me another few years.

I don't game, but I like to have more power than I need, so I over-engineer stuff. My main use (aside from being on boards) is streaming, some CAD and Adobe video editing software. Nothing very taxing.

My question is, do I build a new PC, or buy something decent on adverts?

I have peripherals and a dual screen setup is a must for me. I would want to buy new monitors and would budget for about €600 for monitors and another €1200 for the PC. This is if I was going to build.

If buying, I wouldn't want to spend more than €1k. I would use the screens I have and maybe upgrade them later. Just looking at Adverts, what do you think of these ones and what are they really worth? I am well out of my depth, as I haven't even looked at PC stuff in years!

https://www.adverts.ie/desktops/high-end-custom-gaming-pc-64gb-ram-8gb-graphics-amd-ryzen-9-12-core-processor/33474295

https://www.adverts.ie/other-computers/gaming-pc/33889757

Stay Free

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,559 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

Ignore. I picked up a used rig for 150 and swapped the MOBO and SSD over to my old tower. My 32 ram was compatible thankfully.

Post edited by ...Ghost... on

Stay Free

Advertisement