Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

getting an apartment quickly if money isnt an issue

• 23-06-2024 11:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭

Can anyone in a similar situation give me a time line on how long it took you to get an apartment off the likes of a REIT or commerical letting.

After a house sale I will have a couple of hundred grand in the bank, and will need to rent for 6 months, if I was offering 6 months upfront at 2500/3000 a month would it be still a lot of messing with viewings etc or would I simply be able to send over payslips bank statements and a large advance?

Greatly appreciated trying to plan everything out.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭3DataModem

Your best bet is to find a letting agent in your preferred area, tell them your circumstances, and they (might) try and find something that matches your needs.

Try Airbnb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭SharkMX

Go to EAs and tell them you are looking to rent an apartment and your price range is 2500/3000. They will show you lots of apartments in that price range that are empty that REITs and the like have available.

This is a different market than everyone trying to get apartments a cheap as possible. Your average renter would never even know about these places.

My company was renting this kind of property for staff, but even they think they are too expensive so are now out of that market. My company have turned to emailing staff for rentals they might have empty or to put them in touch with friends who have property to rent. Easier and cheaper than renting off REITs. So far they have rented around 15 properties from staff and people staff have put them in touch with.

Let us know how you get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭utmbuilder

appreciate the support folks, hopefully I can pay it forward

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Offering 6 months up front can be problematic if the property burns down after 2 months. Sure, the landlord might have obligations to you, but they might not be able to comply with those obligations.

Be careful of letting people know you have "a couple of hundred grand in the bank".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭utmbuilder

your 100% right, even spookyer as i use to sit beside you in a cyber cafe!!! small world

Advertisement