Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seiko SKX007 Service Dublin

Options
  • 23-06-2024 11:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭

Have a Seiko SKX007 in need of a service - any recommendations for a place in Dublin that can do it?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

I’m going to suggest something terrible here, but a new movement and learn how to fit it yourself.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭H_Lime

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

It's a fairly common upgrade to go from the 7s26 to something a bit better like an NH36.

The 7s26 is a venerable old thing but without hacking or hi-beat, it is of its time.

You'll get one from Cousins for less than €50.

It would take less time to do a swap than a service.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭fitzgese

Could I buy a movement and have somewhere fit it for me? I'm interested in theory to learn how to fit it myself, but just won't have time at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

There are one or two tricky bits to it.

You may need to modify the winding stem with your original crown.

Also, hand placement can be a tricky business if you're not used to it.

YouTube videos are your friend!

I'd suggest getting a something very old and practising before you go near anything that is to be worn.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭H_Lime

If it were a straight swop I'd recommend the op to try his hand but the 7s26 movement cases do not plug and play nh36 (at least in my experience) unless you swop over the black movement spacer on the 7s to the nh first.

Some use questionable force to remove the stock grey nh holder and fit the black one from the 7s.

Best option is to remove the pinion circlip and day disc. Then the star wheel and four screws and date maintaining plate/date disc. Only then is removal of the movement spacer easy. Pops right off.

The "hard" part is refitting the parts so the date wheel functions as it did before. The 24hr wheel interacts with a part of the date retaining plate that can be tricky for some to fit as you need a third hand, or I did.

Careful buying off cousins, maybe I'm wrong but iirc I could not see an nh36 listed with crown position other than at 3 o'clock. Op you need "3.8 o'clock" like this…

https://a.aliexpress.com/_EuEjfB1

Advertisement