Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chimney stack removal/ Plans for planning permission

Options
  • 24-06-2024 5:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I want to remove a chimney stack from my house. I have been told that I need planning permission as it would alter the outside of the house. On the planning application it says that I need:

• Site Layout Plan (Block Plan/ Site Plan) (6 copies) The scale should be not less than 1:500 (or other if previously agreed).  Mark site application in red, show all relevant features, distances from boundaries, position of site notice/s, levels/ contours where applicable.

Is it an architect that has to make these drawings? How much would this generally cost? Is there somewhere these could be? Or am I overthinking this? (house in Fingal)

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,421 ✭✭✭Tow

You can do the drawing yourself. Look at other applications and follow them. You could also get an architectural technician, should be cheaper than a architect.

The reality is many chimneys are removed with no permission and no one is the wiser.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,333 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I always include the working to remove the stack where the home owner wants to. It’s safer and a cleaner permission.

Where are you based?

Advertisement