Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One kitten or two

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,441 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

of course, you'll have to let the boards community here pick the names.

i'm still smarting over my wife vetoing 'newt' and 'ripley' for our two.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,831 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I take it she went with 'xenomorph' and 'face-hugger' instead? 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 16,972 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

We introduced two female kittens to a 17yo female (who had lost her boyfriend of 17 years). She wasn't too impressed to begin with but got on board after a couple of months and will now sometimes sleep with them and groom them. They adore her and are very respectful and don't jump her.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,650 ✭✭✭suvigirl

They are here!!

Settling in very well 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Raichų

have two cats that were adopted as kittens both from the same litter and they are inseparable at this stage. We are very happy we got both of them because they are company for each other and the “big” brother protects his sister. Zelda is like half his size (she’s like a munchkin cat) so link has taken on the big protector role.

definitely recommend getting 2 of most things. Especially food bowls and litter trays/boxes. Our two cannot share anything food related and some cats won’t share a little box.

Link used to try and take over the litter box when they were younger, basically meaning if Zelda went to use it he would follow her in and push her out. Meant a lot of accidents from Zelda (not her fault).

They will share a bed, sometimes. 🤣 but toys they are happy to share, most of the time. 🥲

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Raichų

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Acosta

Regret not getting a second one when mine was a kitten. It would have done my cat good to have a little companion, as she's very a bit spoilt and highly strung. But lovely and affectionate all the same time. Not a chance she'd ever accept another cat now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Ezeoul

Gorgeous!

Have you chosen names yet?

(Welcome to the Boards cat owners club! 😻)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,650 ✭✭✭suvigirl

I want to call them Sally (b&w) and the other one Cinnamon, but they're feeling a bit long, so maybe Sal and Cin for short 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Ezeoul

Can I suggest Cally for the calico? Or maybe that's too obvious….

Or Honey?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Glaceon

These are my two. Kirby and Shiloh, male and female from the same litter (both neutered/spayed of course!). I couldn’t imagine having just one, they definitely keep each other company. I was concerned at one point that he was getting dominant over her, he’d regularly pin her down and bite her scruff, but she’s more confident now and can stand up for herself.

Advertisement