Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Painting exterior of house

Options
  • 25-06-2024 1:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭

Right so I'm going to paint the exterior of the house myself so as to save a few pound. Any tips? Dos or don'ts?

It's a standard 1950s end of terrace 3 bed house I'll only be painting the front and side for now as an extension on the back still needs plastering finished. How much paint will I need? From reading around it seems maybe 20 litres will do it.

Any recommendations for paint also. Think we're going with a nice cottagey type of green. Painting over a magnolia/cream colour.

Will be painting the garden walls as well. There's a lot of old flaky paint on them and it looks terrible would a blast of a power washer be sufficient?

Comments

Advertisement