Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stay signed in to Microsoft 365

Options
  • 25-06-2024 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭

I subscribe to MS 365, all paid and up to date, but I cannot find a way to stay signed in on my personal laptop.

It's really annoying every time I open a document I have to sign in again in order to edit/save.

Am I missing something? I've searched high and low but can't find an option to stay signed in - nor could I find any help in their (frankly fairly useless) support section……

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,127 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

What way you using it - desk apps or web ?
    Even if you use online (web) app it should remember your creds as long cookies not cleared on browser close.

If you installed desktop apps it should remember and not prompt, well… M$ might once in a while check "you are who you claim you are"

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I'm not sure….. I hit the Windows/Start button, and open Word or Excel from there - whichever way that is…..

Cookies not being cleared by me, and have never been set up to clear on browser close (I wouldn't know how, tbh).

But if I open a document from my file manager it won't let me edit or save until I sign into MS again, every single time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭ItHurtsWhenIP

Are you signed in on the laptop with the Microsoft Account which has the license?

So you have desk apps installed - was it originally installed under your account?

Can you go to word»File»Account and confirm that it reads "…belongs to : your M$ subscription account" under Product Information

Alternatively try download and run M$ SaRA tool

• Registered Users Posts: 25,437 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

I have exactly the same problem as the OP. Fully paid up with an MS 365 subscription but I often see a message in the upper right corner (e.g. of Excel) saying I'm not logged on. Even though every time I do login, I tick the box which asks to keep me logged in.

I checked in Excel just now, clicked on File/Account as per the previous post and it says I'm logged in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I did this, and top left of the page was this message

and below that was a link to "Sign Out"

I have no idea what's going on, I seem to be signed in, but I repeatedly have to sign in again?

I'm the only user of the laptop, and I only have one google/gmail/MS account

M$ lately start forcing user for new SSO, even accounts that had no issues before have to go through this crap - perhaps your issue related
    proceed with fix me or run SaRA i linked previously.

Advertisement