Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Living in Blessington

Options
  • 25-06-2024 9:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi, I'm looking at moving out from Dublin as it's just gone too expensive and thinking of buying a home in Blessington. I'm just wondering what are people's opinions of the town? I'm looking at houses in Rockypool Crescent but I don't really know the down so would love to hear anyone's thoughts. Is it easy to get a GP, creche, school places etc or is there much antisocial behavior and so on. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Adrift

Blessington has gone expensive. A lot of the new builds are 500k +

Rockypool is relatively cheaper but you could easily end up doing 330-350 depending

Rockypool is one of the oldest estates here, so very settled

Schools etc are fine for us as the kids are already in the system but the town is expanding in terms of population so you might want to Double check that.

GP locally I believe is a nightmare, we’re up here 16 years though and our GP is outside the town

We love it here, access to the lakes and the greenway. Russborough close by. Plenty of nice places to eat etc and you’re 20mins from naas, 25 from tallaght and about 40 from town

the kids love it here. There’s a bit of antisocial creeping in but it’s nothing compared to tallaght or Dublin.

Advertisement