Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apps for signing and emailing back documents?

Options
  • 25-06-2024 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭

I'm familiar with the ins and outs of computers etc, and keep up with developments as fast as circumstances allow, but am a novice re doing this.  I now need to get ready to sign and return some PDF forms sometime in the next few days (maybe this Friday).  I'm in a fairly remote rural area, with nowhere to see tech stuff in action before getting it.  Phone is Motorola Edge 20 Lite (Android 12).

I searched the general web yesterday, and tried the Android app recommended by a trusted website.  It also gives clear instructions, so I now have a good idea of the general method.  But it's a busy time, and I forgot my usual mantra with search results (Check The Date!), and now have two unusable pieces of Adobe bloatware in my phone to get rid of.  I've had enough information-seeking sagas recently to know how hard it is these days to piece together the big picture of something from scattered web pages which may or may not have any indication of how old they are.  So cue a new Boards question!

I'm not running any business/organisation, and only need the ability to sign & return the kind of documents that individuals commonly deal with (e.g. my insurance broker has this option).  And If and when I need (or like the sound of) anything more elaborate, it should then be easy to home in on the right app.

Any recommendations will be much appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭swampy353

If you are using Microsoft at all, the office 365 or one drive app allows you to sign pdfs on screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭nedd

I use Adobe Fill & Sign. Works on Android and iOS. I have used it to "sign" documents using my finger like a pen. It also allows you to fill in forms. I find it very intuitive.

I'm not sure what you are talking about when you say you have bloatware to get rid of. It is very easy to uninstall an app.

Advertisement