Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Open - Troon - Need a Friday junior ticket

Options
  • 26-06-2024 8:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭

Hi all, Im heading over to Troon next month.

Im bringing the family and we're doing the Open Camping, which hopefully will be fun.

I am looking for a junior ticket for the Friday (which are free). The problem is that you can only get 4 tickets on any one account (my family is five). Anyone who has a ticket for the Friday can add a junior ticket for free (you just email tickets@randa.org and then add it to your account). You just need to then transfer it over using the app.

Anyone going on the Friday that could help me out?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,142 ✭✭✭benny79

Hi Mate, I went to The Open in Liverpool 6 years ago and they weren't even checking for tickets going in. They where obviously checking some but loads just walked in (me included) as we didnt want to que up. They were mainly just checking people with big bags. I'd doubt there be any issues especially considering there free. Its a very relaxed event.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

Ive been every year since Portrush and its very much all ticket affairs these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Pdoghue

I'm heading over to Troon as well on Wednesday and Thursday, but I have spare tickets for sale (for Tue, Wed, and Thu, not Friday unfortunately) that I put on resale on the Open tickets resale platform. I thought they'd be snapped up in no time, but not yet, so I'd be interested if anyone knows good channels within the UK to sell these.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭JVince

You'll pick one up locally. Have a lunch in the Troon links clubhouse (opposite the train station) and ask someone there. The guys in the pro shop are really decent too and would steer you in the right direction.

If you have your clubs - there are 3 public courses there and all 3 are enjoyable to play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

How does one get a ticket - via Ticketmaster, EventBrite?

Thet go on sale the year before and there's a ballot. I've tickets for Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday if you are interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 animajic

There's a lot of tickets available on the opens official resale platform, was looking yesterday for Saturday and there's was about 4 pages of them at face value

Still looking for someone who is going on the friday to see if they could request an U16 ticket. Thanks!

Ballot is open for Portrush for next year btw….

I have spare tickets for sale for Tue, Wed, and Thu. Anyone interested?

• Advertisement

all sorted. I have a spare adult ticket for Friday as well as one child ticket now if anyone is looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭SEORG

Anyone want to swap a Saturday ticket for a Friday one?

Advertisement