Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jane's Addiction - trinity

Options
  • 26-06-2024 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭

surprised there no thread on this (Unless ive missed it)

should be great, Perry is such a good frontman, havent seen them in 15 years since we I went to Ovygen for the day just for Janes in '09

cracking set coming our way!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Reznorek

It will be like a journey back to teenage years, definitely one of my favorite bands, can't wait

• Registered Users Posts: 5,051 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

MCD posted on x/twitter that Jane's Addiction will be on stage around 9pm.

Support by WineMom scheduled for 8pm.

And I believe the entrance is from the back, similar to last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭1992ChainGang

I cant make it tonight, absolutely raging but tested positive for Covid. Have 2 tickets for sale on Ticketmaster for 40e each if anyone is looking

• Registered Users Posts: 17 kolkio

Here was I hoping to stroll in the front door. Where's the back of Trinity and how far is it from the front? Need to leg it for a bus as soon as it's over.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,051 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

If I recall correctly from last year, we queued outside The Lincoln Inn pub.

There used to be a way in from Pearse Street, not sure if is in use anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,534 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Yawn. That was a little subdued. Only really came to life for the last 4 songs or so. They sounded great but there's better atmospheres on the moon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭dasdog

Were you one those chatty boring so and so's at the back not high?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,273 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

3 Days alone was worth the money

I thought it was great evening. A nice setting, reminded me of Iveagh Gardens. The band were in great form and seemed buzzed by the response they got. I'd heard Dave was a bit subdued in recent gigs but he seemed into it last night. Poor Perry's voice was croaky af but he still sang his heart out. I'm guessing his fiddly box-on-a-stand controlled the effects on his voice?

The crowd were singing every word up the front. The pit got noticeable bigger for "Three Days" and "Mountain Song" - there'll be some sore Aul lads today. It was nice to see old school fans bringing their teenage kids (!)

The sound was impeccable. Such chemistry out of the four lads. They're an alternative rock Led Zeppelin. I hope the promoters put on more heavy gigs as part of the Trinity Summer Series. Based on nothing, I had a premonition of Refused playing there.

There was a clock side of stage. Obviously the times were super tight last night. They come on at 9 on the button and finished at 10.30.

Also very cool to see some faded rock t-shirts. Fugazi guy, I'm looking at you!

Here we go!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭reece289

The crowd were a bit flat, unless you were up the front. (which I was.)

They were so **** tight!!! Amazing performance. Avery seemed to be buzzing right from the start and Perkins was sublime. Just a **** great alt rock band giving it socks. Dave is a guitar god, **** nailed it.

Never though i'd see them never mind in this kinda form. Then she says and three days were mega, hoarse today, legs sore, neck in bits, getting old. Was 15 all over again last night though.

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭bkrangle

Really enjoyed the gig, I'd waited a very long time to see Jane's Addiction. The setlist was pretty much exactly what you'd want and the sound overall was very good. The band were tight with Navarro seemingly fully recovered from long COVID. Perry gave it socks despite a dry throat

• Registered Users Posts: 5,091 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

It was one of the "talk-iest" gigs I've ever been too, in that literally everyone around was having the chats. It did seem like a lot of old friends were meeting up and from what I could see the crowd was pretty mellow and there was no messiness, so I guess some of that has to be forgiven.

The vibe in the place is weird alright. It was the same at War On Drugs last year; no real atmosphere and it felt cold even though it wasn't that cold.

The band were so tight. All three musicians were on fire. Perry struggled but I think he did what he could - but the other guys made up for it. Second time seeing the original line up and musically this was probably the best show of the three times I've seen them.

3 Days was epic. I think the crowd was expecting the band to do the "walk off and walk back on again" encore thing but they didn't, just played through, and it was sort of over before you realised it.

Went for a pint in the Lombard after; was worried about crowds on the Dart home coming from the Aviva, but by the time we got one, it was empty!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,273 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I thought Perrys voice was decent except for Jane Says. Great gig, and probably the most convenient venue in Dublin.

Advertisement