Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can all lenders see loan applications

Options
  • 26-06-2024 2:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone knows if you applied and were refused a loan does that stay on your credit history and can other lenders see this.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Your credit history at the Central Credit Register refers to your actual history, not you intentions. But having said that, if your existing history was sufficient for an institution to reject you, then that would need to have been addressed and removed before you go any further.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,758 ✭✭✭zg3409

Best to talk to broker. They will know if you will pass before putting in the application.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭howiya

The CCR shows any applications for credit within the last six months. I don't know if it states whether or not the application was refused but obviously either way it could prompt questions if you are applying for other loans.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭whitelaurel

this is incorrect, your credit history with the CCR will show new application enquiries. So if you have a few and don’t have credit from them , other lenders will in effect be able to tell you have been rejected.

it will show for 5 years. It won’t say whether you have been refused but lenders will be able to infer if you have bunched up new application enquiries and no credit coming from them.

• Advertisement

I don't know why people insist on posting incorrect information.

It says on the CCR website that it shows applications for new loans that have been made in the last six months.

Why would you think these would show for five years?

I've just gone through my emails. I requested a CCR in 2022. It does not show an application I made for a loan in 2019 which I did not ultimately draw down due to change of circumstances.

it 100% shows it for 5 years on the report i got. I’m literally reading my credit history I got off them last month. I was wrong though it’s 2 years, not 5 and not 6months.”Each time you or a prospective lender obtains your credit report, a record is created on your credit report, called a footprint. This footprint records the date, the lender name, and the reason why that particular lender sought your credit report.

The footprint is shown at the end of the report and shows those lenders who have enquired on your credit report in the last 5 years.

However, a lender when they make an enquiry, will only be shown those lenders who have enquired on your credit report in the last 2 years.”

We are referring to different sections of the report.

ah I thought the OP was asking could other lenders see if you have applied for any loans. They can see for up to two years what other lenders have asked for your report. says “application enquiry”

Advertisement