Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Here (Robert Zemeckis)

Options
  • 26-06-2024 4:34pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,270 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Remember when Zemeckis used to make movies with heart and human beings, rather than CGI slush starting plastic mannequins?

Well, it's not quite Polar Express but looks like the technical experiments will continue til morale improves; but why oh why oh why do they keep de-ageing these faces ... then forget that you gotta fix the voice. Young Hanks almost convinced me til he spoke with the vocal chords of an old man. Every time, same mistake.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,381 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

It looks uncanny and plastic in the way modern Zemeckis films inevitably do, though I'm intrigued by the central gimmick of it all unfolding from one angle in a single location. Apparently it's adapted directly from the graphic novel in that sense. Alas, almost certain modern Zemeckis - so indulgent with ugly, immersion-breaking cinematic tech (and, in this case, cursed 'AI') - is not the man to pull it off with aplomb.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,080 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Forest and Jenny reunited

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

I saw part of an interview with Hanks during the strikes and I am certain that he supported both writers and actors and spoke against AI. Am I wrong about that?

I watched on an iPhone and I don’t see the uncanny or plastic look. Do I need to see it on a bigger screen?

Is how ILM deaged Harrison Ford?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,644 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Zemeckis just can't help himself can he? The man absolutely loves a gimmick.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,814 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

a gimmick and cheese

• Advertisement
Advertisement