Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Triton T80 Solenoid Valve

Options
  • 26-06-2024 7:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,493 ✭✭✭

Sleeper12 might care to comment on this (from a UK website).

"I have had 2 Triton T80 Electric showers, and on both the solenoid valve assembly housing (the plastic part of the valve) has completely broken in two at random moments when not in use over the last 3 years. Both times has been during periods of hot weather. The break in the housing is very straight - could manufacturing adhesive have failed in the heat? Is this a known defect? Is there any external cause which would cause this valve to break, ie excess water pressure? Just trying to figure out whether to replace, or need to investigate other causes. 

I have the Triton T80 Easifit+ which is a mains-fed system. Thinking about it, occasionally in the past the pipework to this unit seems to have had an airlock or blockage or something - low pressure alert on and won't power on. (This is a rarely used spare bathroom shower), which clears itself. Would this indicate a potential sudden high-pressure event when an airlock/blockage clears itself? I've always been suspicious of the pipework leading into the unit which seems very higgeldy piggeldy immediately before entering the shower (see pic - I've capped this off currently as a precaution but indicated the old pipework route) and also indicated what seems to be a particularly narrow corner. When i removed the shower inlet and pipework there was some white sludge in there. The shower pipework within the wall is 22mm and then reduces to 15mm when it exits the wall. Thanks for your help - just trying to ascertain if there's problems with the system or just the shower!"

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

That's interesting alright. I've never seen this before but we don't have the water pressure they have in parts of the UK. Up to 10 or 15 bar in some areas.

If manufacture fault then I'd expect to see lots of comments on the UK forums. If not manufacturer issue then I'd wonder if inlet pressure exceeds maximum. I wonder if pressure reducing valve is needed or faulty if they already have one installed?

An airlocked mains fed shower is a new one on me.

Advertisement