Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alleged assault in eyre square on Monday

Options
  • 27-06-2024 9:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 15

There’s some hearsay going around some local Galway Facebook pages alleging that there was a physical assault by a man on two girls in Eyre Square on Monday. Anyone heard anything or have any evidence of this and could share the same? Asking for evidence of the same from those circulating the rumours in FB is getting no where (I know, imagine asking for proof on Facebook) so I wondering if others may have heard of anything? Some of the comments circulating are pretty racist so it would be nice to be able to challenge their claims

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,942 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

There's similar material on Reddit: sounds like a person with mental illnesses issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 jacfrosty

Right, However the alleged perpetrators age in the Galway Beo article does not appear to match up with the subject who is getting terrible abuse elsewhere in social media.

In any case the assault is atrocious but I was looking to see if we can challenge those blaming another individual who does not appear to be in his 20’s and has been the subject of sustained racial abuse over the last few days

https://www.galwaybeo.ie/news/galway-news/galway-garda-arrest-man-over-9366481

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭xckjoo

I wouldn't trust anything you read in Galway Beo. Not a direct comment on your question here, but it's completely untrustworthy in general. They don't care if what they write is true or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 jacfrosty

Agree, although I trust hearsay on Facebook a lot less.

Advertisement