Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LUAS Network + Future Expansion

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

All those long and winding radial tram routes, ignoring the (potential and planned) much high capacity and faster heavy rail and (planned) metro routes. Bizarre if you ask me. Fair enough if there is a possible highly segregated corridor available but that's not the case in most of these examples and there are no plans to segregate the lines in the city centre anyway. The orbital Luas routes feeding in to heavy rail and metro make a lot more sense to me.

Money is finite but I believe you would deliver far more bang for the buck with a metro line out through the south west of the city (as well as upgrading the Green line) and then feeding passengers on shorter orbital trams (and buses) into these very high capacity, frequency and speed lines.

I won't lose too much sleep over this vision though. It'll almost certainly not materialise.

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭alentejo

I would love to see several tram lines converge in college Green. There are way too many buses in Dublin City centre

Advertisement