Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Delivery missing items - no info at all from retailer

Options
  • 27-06-2024 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭

I ordered several things from B&Q but fewer than half were delivered. The delivery docket from the courier listed all items - the driver said he refused to accept a couple of the items due to damage and the others were just not there. The order was placed 15 days ago and the delivery was 9 days ago.

Since then I have tried to get this issue resolved with B&Q by phone and then by email, but I have no further information.

They initially said on the phone they would check with courier and get back to me the next day, but didn't. All subsequent calls have been disconnected while on hold as they are supposedly checking for updates, or one call they refused to speak to me as they said I couldn't pass the security questions, which was my name and address! Email response asked the security questions of name and address, and I have received no response since I replied with the info. I have checked my online account info and the details are correct and are correct on the delivery docket too.

At what stage can I look for a charge back from my credit card company? How much more time do I have to waste trying to get any information at all from B&Q? I have already spent a couple of hours on hold in total. No response now at all since email last Saturday.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭VG31

I would open a chargeback now. You have more than enough evidence that you attempted to resolve the matter with the retailer.

I always try to pay with PayPal where possible as raising a claim with them is easier and quicker than a chargeback.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

OK. Never had to do a chargeback before, will contact them tomorrow. Will the fact it's a partial chargeback be an issue - as some items were delivered?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭VG31

There should be no issue doing a partial chargeback.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭JVince

I've used B&Q twice - 1st time they suddenly refunded 80% of the items and claimed "out of stock". Problem was I needed all items for what I wanted to do, so it was a pain in the ass to then take the item from courier and get to a local store (30 min drive) to return them.

2nd time - ordered. 2 items cancelled out of about 11. Delivery scheduled. Then delivery cancelled "items have not arrived from the designated shop". Delivery will be rescheduled. The email saying delivery has been made (no it hasn't) and then you try to find out how to contact them - phone takes 20 min to answer and they simply have not a clue.

THREE weeks, half a dozen email, numerous phone calls, screenshots of delivery cancellation and then eventually a successful paypal reversal.

Then about 3 weeks later an email "we notice these items were not delivered as scheduled, please confirm if this order is still required" - I didn't both responding.

Utterly appalling

Advertisement