Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most twisted thing you've heard people say?

• 27-06-2024 7:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

I've heard a few twisted things over the years, both said to me, as well as to others. I'm not talking about blunt or offensive things, but just down right twisted. Here's a few:

1. I once heard a girl on the bus, on her phone, say something very similar to the following: "no no, I never say hello to him unless he says hello first, and when he does I'll just kind of grunt it back.... or else I'll leave a slight pause before replying, to leave him wonder if I'm going to blank him; I love seeing that confused look on his face."
    2. Another one was something I over-heard an off duty supervisor (when out one night) say when he was slightly drunk. I think it was in the context of not allowing a staff member's reasonable request, that would actually help both that member of staff, as well as productivity. He was saying it to another off duty supervisor. His words were "if they try to explain the logic to it, you can always just pretend you don't understand what they mean; it confuses the fcuk out of them them because they're thinking that we (as supervisors) are the ones who are supposed to know all this anyway.... when they then try to explain it they'll likely get tongue tied and lose they're initial thought, and you just interrupt them with 'no, I won't allow it'"! I stayed out of it, but I distinctly remember that individual (before he got promoted) giving out about unfairness within the company, about a year prior to this. Yet there he was saying all this so confidently! I'd really love to somehow have recorded both conversations and play them back to him, to see whether he'd be embarrassed or not.

Advertisement