Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Executive Officer 2024 Competition (Nationwide)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5 littlepanda111

This happened me during the situational on Saturday I just closed the browser left it for a few mins and went back in and it saved my responses and time so just continued with it.. I didn't even email support now I'm thinking should I of 🤔but it all worked fine when I went back in

• Registered Users Posts: 25 louloubb

Happened me, I just closed the browser down and starred again as your work is saved. Hoping that's ok but that's wat it says to do so

Post edited by louloubb on

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Louise Dav

I have a stupid question but would prefer to make sure I am right before I start the written exercise, I am assuming its 300 - 500 words per answer and not 300 - 500 words for the two answers combined ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭TheDavester

• Registered Users Posts: 25 louloubb

I defo wrote too much on the written and had over 500 words hopefully this doesn't impact too much

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 InchicoreJimmy

Did numeric and situational this morning

Numeric was broadly ok, some of the questions were very long winded and others very short and to the point.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Tinman53

Be careful with timing on Maths Q's unfortunately i only managed to complete 28 of the 36 questions but feel i answered all 28 correctly. All other sections were quiet generous with time allocated. Best of Luck to all.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Tinman53

@summersun23 i also ran out of time with the Maths questions. Only managed to answer 28 of the 36 but fairly confident that all 28 were correct.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

I wish I had your confidence and I finished it!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Oh the spend and reserve questions were an absolute killer. The situational one on the other hand gave waaaayyy too much time whereas the numerical not enough due to reading required. I got them all done but just about within the timeframe.

• Advertisement

I did this. Couldn't be arsed flicking back and forth. As long as you remove it before submission I can't see how it would be an issue.

Combined. They can bugger off if they were expecting 600-1000 words from me! Already took an hour and a half of my life.

There was one question on the spend/reserve at the end that was actually so simple that I was thinking this is a trick 😅

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭raheny red

I did the written test this morning, the very same scenario as last year's, good aul' Patricia, Emma, and Sean. Happy enough with my answers.

That's the 4 completed now. If I've passed the numerical I'd be confident of a higher OOM this time round. But it's a big if. Best of luck everyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 836 ✭✭✭- bo -

Yeah, I found this with a couple of them alright. Pen and rough work paper ready for scribbling, overthinking it and expecting to do some big long-winded calculation when it ends up just being a couple of simple addition/minus sums 😆

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5 littlepanda111

Still have the written to do and I'm in a heap and advice on it would be great please? Also have the verbal still might leave that till tomorrow how did people find that I always find that tricky. Thanks. Good luck to all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69 ✭✭Dublin.85

Me too. Dreading the written. I know people can't say much about it but would love some advice. Im not sure what to make of the rest. Not great but At least you could just guess an answer but with the written you can't.

They give you a scenario of something that happens in the office, you as the EO have to write about how you would deal with it.

2nd question for me was there anything that happened in my past that helped me come to my decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Auntie Annie

hi what was the scenarios on the written ones? I’m so bad at this

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Tupence

Does anyone have a list/link of the last nationwide EO PAS competition in 2022 that states numbers called from PAS for position per county? Am sure I saw it somewhere on a boards thread. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭SNNUS

Unfair to ask people that Do the tests to the best of your ability, it's the only way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

As @SNNUS said: just dive in when you're ready. You probably know the answer - the hard work is explaining your rationale.

Also worth noting that if it's like last year's competition, PAS has a number of different scenarios going, so you could get a briefing on one particular problem... then find a completely different scenario after you log on.

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭crinkley

yes this! I saw someone mention names in a previous post and they were different to mine

• Registered Users Posts: 14 coop142

About to do the written and wanted to ask did anyone feel under pressure time wise for this or have you got a bit to actually think about what it is you’d like to say.

conscious I don’t want to word vomit on the page!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 laff87

You've a decent bit of time for the written I thought. I got my train of thought and once I knew what I wanted to write the word count flies up. A few sentences to explain your rationale could end up being 50+ words, I tried to avoid the word vomit!! (Still done a bit towards the end though, I'm a waffler!)

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Moyglish

Hoping to do the online tests this evening, just a Q in regards to the room scan however - unfortunately I'll be doing the tests on a desktop iMac, which is very large and heavy and is going to be very difficult to do a room scan with.

Presumably everyone has been doing the tests on a laptop, anyone done them on a desktop that is very hard to move and angle about?

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭EO2019

I did last time and was so out of breath by the time I was done it was ridiculous. holding it facing down but over the desk was the worst.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 coop142

Haha glad I’m not alone just did the same myself!

I was actually about 20 words over the word count not sure if that’ll matter much considering it will just be used for the interview process… We shall see

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭summersun23

I wonder how long they will take to come back to us with results ? I know a few did dublin last year how long for the results? In the 2022 comp it took 23 days...so that would be 14th sept I think . Obviously could be totally different but I just had a nose back to see how long last time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 laff87

I went 3 words over!!! And was just like "I can't be arsed going back to change this for the sake of 3 words!".

Advertisement