Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Executive Officer 2024 Competition (Nationwide)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 67 ✭✭mur223

What county were you if you don't mind me asking? Worried now I should of just applied for the open rather than the interdepartmental 😭

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,829 ✭✭✭shmeee

In the 2022 EO comp? You had the option to select open and interdepartmental. So yes. You can be on 2 panels.

In a recent batch for a county outside of Dublin, 10 EO jobs were filed as follows:

2 Mobility

4 Open

2 Interdepartmental

2 Internal Promotion

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Icbaby

I’m on the limerick panel. I applied for both interdepartmental and open in this panel but I only did interdepartmental on the previous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1 polo2014

did my maths today and fucked up so hard, over thought the 1st 15 and then had to start button mashing to get the rest done😔 I just want a job close to home so I don’t have to spend every day going up and down to Dublin from the west for a job that doesn’t believe in hybrid working..

• Registered Users Posts: 17 D-Lo Brown

How long does it usually take to approve the ID? It's waiting to be approved now but I am assuming it's not waiting til a person is in an office somewhere tomorrow to approve it!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 MaryKaye79

from the pre test info booklet -

You should submit your images for identity verification as soon as possible, but anyway by 1pm on Tuesday, 20th August otherwise we cannot guarantee that the identity verification process will be completed in time for you to take the
    live tests before the final deadline.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Inmate2020

I’m the same . Nothing has moved in my county for 11 months .. and I’m next !!!! So disheartening . But hey just another challenge life throws to be overcome . I’ve just the last written test to do now and then I’m done again just the long wait

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Totally Red

Is the written excercise counted for marks to pass ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8 zazoo11

Others in this thread have said the written test is only referred to in the interview round, and doesn't contribute to your OOM. Doesn't even seem like there's a pass/fail — presumably you just need to hit between 300-500 words and answer as best you can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8 zazoo11

Did the numerical there today and thought the questions were actually okay. I was absolutely dreading it but it wasn't that bad — comparable to the practice test. If anyone is doing it last minute, I'd advise you to brush up on percentages.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 376 ✭✭pygmaliondreams

Numerical was handy, kind of just rushed through the rest no idea how I did but I'm getting a flight in 10 hours time so I wasn't focused on this LOL not my best effort.

But yea if anyone hasnt done it, percentages, compound interest and thats most of it.

I got the same written exercise question I got last year LOL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 376 ✭✭pygmaliondreams

Just in case anyone is worrying about when the results will be released, for the Dublin only comp run by this same testing company last year it was 15 days between closing and results.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭summersun23

You can always apply for open, civil servant or not. A co can apply for open ( as a means to promotion) and an EO can apply if e.g they wanted better location e.g county .

Edit- sorry this was in response to someone who asked earlier .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Guffy

Forgot to borrow the calc from work so used my daughter's school one. It's a scientific calc and set to fractions display which I didn't realise until the exam started. Ugh. I should Def have enough to get the pass though with my fingers 😂

On top of that the baby had a mare tonight so I'm only finishing up now 😔

Situational test felt very familiar though, I really need to figure out what is being sought for the next EO campaign

• Registered Users Posts: 25 louloubb

Glad all got on ok, hopefully we hear back soon. I'm guessing when each test is complete that's it as I cannot see a final submission button anywhere?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69 ✭✭Dublin.85

Just did the last test, the written. Which I've been putting off all week. It was horrible. Only got about 270 words, ran out of time. Anyway all done now. Best of luck every on the results.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 InchicoreJimmy

Best of luck to everyone

Anyone any idea when results/scores might be out?

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Trevorfromtheshoppingcentre

Read at least a couple of posts before asking questions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Are you a mod? Don't be so rude to a poster who is clearly new to the forum.

No idea but most are saying 2 weeks from close of competition.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Larryduff2018

Best of luck everyone I done the numerical this morning was meant to do it 2 days ago but other stuff got in the way. Got all answered had 15 seconds left and guessed the last 2 . The verbal is the one that I think will let me down.

The written one everyone seems to be getting different scenarios chatted to 3 others. I got the Gillian scenario.

Anyways will see if I've done enough to get anywhere. All the best everyone at least for those who haven't done it yet it will be out of the way today will sleep better tonight🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 6 InchicoreJimmy

Sorry for wasting your time.
    Is everyone here as friendly as you.
    Don’t worry won’t bother to post here again.

Ignore him and by which I mean literally put him on ignore.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 DarkKnight

Hi All, I thought the tests went grand overall, except not sure if I was hitting quite what they were looking for in the written exercise and I was tired doing the Verbal so found it a bit of a melt. I did notice the material for all 4 tests were very similar, if not a carbon copy of the Dublin EO last year and I got over 500/800 in all of them so hopefully my tiredness doesn't put me down too much below that figure! Best of luck to all and hopefully most, if not all on this thread get placed.🙏

• Registered Users Posts: 42 DarkKnight

Don't worry, I'm a fecker for doing that on Whatsapp chats 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Trevorfromtheshoppingcentre

I'm new too folks :)

Sorry for being rude, internet voice got the better of me. Please keep posting away. Someone had just given a detailed response to this question in the last few hours before .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭micar

just did the numerical and written one.

I think I was over thinking the numerical one. I guessed a few just to move on.

I got the Eamonn one…he's a bit of a bollox….needs a slap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1 golikethewind

I’m an external candidate and completed the tests this morning. They weren’t easy; they brought me back to school and filled me with dread, but I got through them. Who knows if I’ll even rank.

I’ve been following this thread for intel, and while it’s too late for most, some advice for anyone taking the tests last-minute today or planning to do this in the future — especially for my fellow female-identifying friends.

There’s a lot of not-so-low-key gloating going on in this thread from CS ‘experts’ who claim to find this process a doddle, finishing the tests with minutes to spare, etc., etc.

IGNORE THE GLOATING. YOU’VE GOT THIS.

The pass requirements are low. This is a ticketing system for interviews. Yes, there’s a lot of competition, but you submitted a comprehensive CV documenting your experience and expertise to apply for this. I have it on good authority that certain skills are in high demand within the CS, so you may very well have a decent chance at an interview despite your performance on these tests.

That’s my two cents. I have no time for boasters. Good luck and goodbye.

Post edited by golikethewind on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Sunny Disposition

I'd be really interested in knowing what the pass/failure rate is?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭bleaks

Just have the numerical one left to do, sorry if it's already been asked, but any links to any decent practice tests for the numerical ones?

Advertisement