Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Executive Officer 2024 Competition (Nationwide)

1151617181921»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1 minic1234

just finished up there - left written til last. Went over the 500, will that be a black mark against my name or?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Tupence

No links, brush up on percentages and I think ratio too, I forget already.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Trevorfromtheshoppingcentre

https://www.publicjobs.ie/en/foi?view=article&id=108:sample-tests&catid=2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69 ✭✭Dublin.85

Practice tests for them all are on here..

https://www.publicjobs.ie/en/information-hub/our-recruitment-process/test-advice

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭summersun23

I think there were a few practice questions via the email link we oroginally got

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

I found the pre tests too easy and was shocked at the toughness of the first question in the actual test - I am normally bad at math though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8 zazoo11

Just finished the last two with half an hour to spare before the deadline. Such a relief to have it over with. Thanks to the folks offering support and advice in this thread — it made this process way less intimidating!

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Moyglish

Just managed to get the maths and written ones during an extended lunch break.

Bloody hell, some of the maths ones were brutal! Everyone else seems OK with them, but I had some real doozys. Also, having to do 36 questions in only 35 mins when there was so much reading to do for some of them was pretty tough! Managed to do them all, but still very tricky!

The written task I probably found the easiest out of all the tests so far. I felt 30 mins was fair for what you had to write.

Managed to get 500 words done and I had the Gillian situation!

Glad they're all over now though, phew!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 836 ✭✭✭- bo -

Well, the 3pm deadline has now passed…

Something I had to ask after reading the last couple of pages, and maybe it seems like a silly question so apologies if so…

Were the questions dressed up differently for different people? I'm seeing a 'Gillian situation' which seems to be an alternative for what I had as an 'Eamonn situation' - are they the same questions with different names?

I was chatting to a mate who is also going for this, after we'd both completed our tests. He mentioned some question about credit card types, which I don't recall at all. And in turn, I mentioned about pie charts representing types of trees planted between 2 different years, which he didn't recognise!

I mean it'd make sense if they were different to combat online discussion, people giving tips etc… but assume they were the same problems/questions?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Larryduff2018

I had Gillian scenario and a lot of pie chart questions, the credit card trees planted one also. Had machinery question too that melted my head for awhile. My friend got a different scenario , very different to the one I got. I think hers had 3 staff members named in scenario. Just glad it's done can relax this evening now.

Best of luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 836 ✭✭✭- bo -

Yeah, I had machinery, trees planted, drivers licences. It's all a big mish-mash, it goes so fast and you get so immersed in it. Waiting game now. Cheers Larry, likewise with yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Stranger Things

don’t believe I had any of those!! Although I can hardly remember the test questions now.

Stuff about groups of people having a budget, and a graph about people leaving a company etc.

Pie chart too but cannot even remember much about it.

Goodluck everyone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

They have different sets of questions to stop people from helping others with questions/answers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Marie43

As I posted earlier no point asking me what questions were in the numerical as I found first question so hard it completely frazzled me and ended up guessing them all without even reading them. Total brain block. I had the office gossip with no friends EO Gillian in the written, having done the situational wanted to say she should go and do more work as everyone is flat out and management never seem to be available but stopped myself. lol. Anyway it’s over now and I wish everyone the best of luck and if you don’t get the results you were hoping for there will be other chances and for those that are successful well fair play to you because that was tough going

Post edited by Marie43 on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2 Ros2024

Hi all, just wanted to say thanks for the support and tips on this thread during the recent tests. Really helpful and good not to be in it alone.

Wondering did anyone else on here tick the box for the Irish stream and identify as fluent and do you know how that works? Booklet seems to say there's a separate stream but no sign of it yet?

Wondering if it's done differently to the CO competition because of the numerical testing.

Appreciate any info anyone has on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 PandaDancer

my understanding is if you pass, you get an oom with everyone. then you have to complete an Irish fluency exam or provide results of fluency. Which I hear is a drama submitting. Then you can be taken off the panel for roles that open, that require fluent Irish. I could be wrong tho

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Moyglish

Well I haven't a hope of passing any Irish fluency exam!

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭summersun23

@pandadancer do u know what they look for, for results of fluency, is it like a university subjrct or a TEG exam or somethjng like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 PandaDancer

I'm not sure. I wouldn't have gone through it myself. No harm trying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2 Ros2024

Thanks a mil @PandaDancerinteresting, wasn' t sure if the new Act would have any impact. Will let everyone know what happens anyways.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 coop142

I went over the 500 by a bit too. Thought about it possibly being a black mark then decided surely it can’t be for the sake of a few words to make a point.

It’s also only used for the interview so I gathered there wasn’t much of a pass/fail situation with it.

Who knows.. guess we will just have to wait and see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 76 ✭✭HiggieL

They don't even mention it at the interview, think it goes towards the capability that it falls under, so leading an empowering. I believe it was under people management last year. Although no mention of it on my interview notes...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Sunny Disposition

Any idea when we will get the results?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Niamd

and now we wait….. 🤣

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,251 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

A guesstimate would be September 6th. It's often about 2 weeks after the Comp ends.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 172 ✭✭apkmbarry

To be fair, nothing will be said I don't think but part of the assessment is testing your writing skills. Grammar includes spelling.

Advertisement