Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Executive Officer 2024 Competition (Nationwide)

1202122232426»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61 ✭✭Newbie12345The

They really need to upgrade/put up more of those sample tests, that was an out of date one, even throw up the last campaign test as a sample

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

The one I did seemed pretty in line with the actual test. It had 24 questions, same kind of questions, and timed, but slightly less time than the real one. It then gave you a score and told you whether you should consider applying for EO, or go away and practice a bit more 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Podgesull1

Whats the best place you can go to get examples on these questions in future

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Auntie Annie

I got my results today and passed all. Delighted with myself

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

There's self assessment tests for different grades at the bottom of this page..... I found them very useful and it allows you to access the tests after taking them and see what you got wrong, so you can have another go at them then

https://publicjobs.ie/en/information-hub/our-recruitment-process/test-advice

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Senor Frog

Is there anywhere with the information as to how far up the OOM they went in 2022 panel in each county to fill the available EO roles up until September this year ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1 Feefifoe

Hi All

Anyone know anything about Wexford? Scored early 200s but guessing that's too low. First timer but pleased I actually passed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 184 ✭✭apkmbarry

When you review the page that you take the tests on, it has a check mark beside the parts as you complete them. You don't need an email on top of that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,050 ✭✭✭shmeee

No, a list as such is not released. The OOM reached is mainly found out by candidates emailing PAS.

Best thing is to read back the 2022 EO thread here. And half the OOM, as that was a 2 year panel. Again, it's only a rough idea, hard to know if panels will reach same levels this time around. It varies over the years, as expected. The vast amount of retirements seemed to have passed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15 Saturn77

It would be pretty standard to receive an email confirming you'd completed them, a JavaScript checkbox doesn't cut it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Larryduff2018

Passed all anyways oom in the early 200's . For now I'll just plough on and see if I get a call. Just happy to know result after all the waiting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2 Mayyy1923

hey guys, can I ask does anyone know how the process is marked to get to the final oom?

Say you get called for interview is your oom then based solely on that or do they combine the assessment stage and the interview to come to a new oom?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21 EdwardJ35

2300 for Dublin, anyone know how much of a chance I have of getting an Interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 lollipops89

Oom top 10 for clare. Judging by last panel might be lucky to get interview 🙈 does anyone know what departments offer best benefits? Ie. Flexible working hrs, wfh, reduced working year etc? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭SNNUS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭alroley

I’m also really interested in finding out what you’ve asked if anyone can provide info 😅

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,853 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

You will have flexi time with all departments. Eg can start anytime between 8-10am finish 4-7pm. Core hours 10am-4m, get 30 mins lunch but can take longer on your own time anytime between 12.30-2.30pm. Can apply for Shorter Working Year in any department too but have to be out of the 12 month probation afaik for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,117 ✭✭✭job seeker

I got results this morning and passed all except for the situational, I was 50 marks off. I'm surprised, as I felt that with each answer I chose, I was going 'by the book'; it was so fascinating!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Amsat

Paye revenue

Clerical officer

6 month training on tax etc no flexi and no work from home. Online meeting training and online pre recorded videos

Some mentoring too

Was 9 half months before I was on flexi and even then it's a 920 start as you need to be logged in to take calls for 930. You can't come in in at 10 unless prior permission for app etc extremely strict as ur needed on phone duty from 930am-130pm

Four days at home one day In office you can work up flexi at home.

Its not a proper co job it's a call center.

EOs started same time as us and had to do training too and wasn't allow to work from home or flexi for 2/3 months maybe longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Xanthippe2024

Interesting! Do yous know how they go about jab sharing/part-time working hours? Is this something one can apply for straight away or after probation?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1 ColeWford2

Hi all, this may be a silly question but not familiar with process. So received OOM yesterday (30s). Non Dublin. Is it a case, that a batch of people are called for interviews in coming months. Unpon interview completion you are graded again and assigned a "panel number" as to be placed when a job becomes available?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Booella69

Is this just one section of work within Revenue for CO work? Or is it a case of different sections have different bodies of work?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15 Saturn77

The mid-sized counties are hard to judge (as is the whole shebang). Wexford has 12% of Dublin's population but only 5% of the jobs. I guess if you take 40 jobs and say they'll interview 10 per role, there's a chance you'll get called eventually. In any case that's a good result given that thousands applied. I saw a person ranked 15th in another county, over 100 places higher than mine and they only scored 8% better, that's how granular it is, so there's no way to know how you'd rank in Dublin or elsewhere but they did say they take into account the application form also. Given the disparity in available jobs, it's hardly a fair process. Well done anyway and fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Moyglish

Anyone know what kind of jobs are on offer in Co. Clare?

What kind of roles are they at EO level and what departments or locations are they in?

Any info at all would be very helpful, thank you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,853 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

You could use the mobility map to give an idea of what departments are located in Clare. In terms of specific vacancies it just depends on needs of departments as the competition progresses. https://www.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=83eb12efc9c7478a982d39a89f759663

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,624 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

I reallyyyyyyy hope that niece who works in PAS passed...... 🙄

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 593 ✭✭✭claregal1

3rd time doing this and finally passed. OOM under 150 for open and OOM under 60 for inter… now I'm wondering will I even be called for interview..Limerick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 593 ✭✭✭claregal1

Probably number 1 ... lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,785 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Freddie2018

Does anyone know how many people are called in 1 batch of interviews

Last time I was in batch 4 but had no idea how many they were interviewing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6 BobsUncle

Your OOM will determine when you are called for interview.

So for some regions they call in batches of say 10, an OOM in 30s will be batch 3.

So if you were 39 say, you have an opportunity if you interview well to get down to 31 by becoming OOM 1 in batch 3.

If batches are larger for larger areas then you have potential for greater change in OOM by preparing for interview.

The written section of your tests will be brought up in interview.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭alroley

Are interviews remote or in person for Limerick?

Well done on the results.

Yes, candidates are called in batches for interview. Then if successful you get a new OOM and a waiting game until a place becomes available, if it comes at all. You may have to select location preferences in the County then, so can select the towns closet to you. You will then be offered a position based on what you selected if one becomes available.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Icbaby

it’s says on the booklet, they don’t expect to interview till November and won’t be placed after end of June next year so only a few months to be placed. not even a year

Yes, Revenue is so vast. The work varies between so many departments. Impossible to say the CO workload/type unless the department and unit is known. Overall majority are working from home 4 days per week and very flexible.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭SNNUS

I cannot remember a word of the gobbledegook I wrote in the written exercise.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 FunkyChicken24

Go and check the thread for this campaign for 2023, some poeople there are still being placed and are giving reports on what OOM they are at so that should give you an idea. Obviously it will vary each year depending on how many people refuse an offer when their number is called

Just on experience, it can be 10 people. But all this varies.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Icbaby

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 whymewhynow

God this system makes v little sense, i'm at home with kids years and applied for co & eo this year - high 2000's for co and mid 200's for eo (dublin) 🤷‍♀️

Advertisement