Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tenancy Ending

Options
  • 28-06-2024 6:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

My wife and I are in rented accommodation in a gated apartment complex for last 3.5 years.

We have never had an issue. However, within last week we have 5 cars stolen in complex, guards here 7/8 times and numerous cars broken into as well as masked individuals roaming. Also, a lady threatened to her face.There was car robbed 7pm, 8pm and today at 3pm.

I have read tenancy agreement and says we need to give 56 days notice but is there way of breaking tenancy early as now living in an extremely unsafe environment. We cannot sleep as worried as well for our property.

is there anyway to expedite notice or just hope to mutually agree with landlord.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭SupaCat95

My sympathy for the situation you find yourself in. There is no legal way out of the lease without losing your deposit. The best I can suggest is you explain to the Letting Agent/Landlord and they may release you early if they are understanding. They will have tenants in before you move (not literally but within a week).

This sounds wrong that a place goes from quiet and reasonable in nearly 4 years to a bad day in Beirut overnight. Is something else in the background is stirring this. If you are set on going then you are going and there is no stopping you.

Go now without your deposit or give your notice and reference immediately and wait 56 days for your deposit and no reference.

Advertisement