Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best solution to getting mobile data in UK

Options
  • 28-06-2024 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,391 ✭✭✭✭

Going for a week which will include a lot of online computer work.

It seems getting a PAYG UK number for a month is the easiest solution.

Any thoughts

Thanks ,

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭muffinhead

If you are visiting an area with good Three UK coverage I can recommend the Smarty Unlimited plan for £16 (£20 non-offer price). Having used it a few times I've found it does offer truly unlimited data having gone well over 1TB without any slowdowns or threat of disconnection.

https://smarty.co.uk/plans/unlimited?vc=15Mth16UnlJun24Aff

If you don't have a UK address to get the sim delivered to, Argos stock them and so do Amazon, where you could get it delivered to a locker or collection point.

Just remember to turn off auto-renew to avoid any further payments beyond the first month.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,391 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Thanks, am going down here so could be a bit iffy

https://maps.app.goo.gl/UPnt4FVSDcUDjyAH7

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭muffinhead

Putting the postcode PA28 6EP into Three's coverage checker would suggest excellent coverage. However https://bidb.uk/#/10/PA286EP would suggest weaker Three signal with EE being the only network to offer 5G in the area.

Lyca Mobile (EE) - Unlimited Data (FUP 450GB) - £9.99 with eSim available - they have recently had some dodginess around payment card details leaking so best to use a prepay / disposable virtual payment card.

Spusu (EE) - Unlimited Data (FUP unknown) - £19.99 with eSim available. EE's own FUP is 600GB so Spusu is unlikely to have truly unlimited should you need it.

Lebara (Vodafone) - Unlimited Data (no FUP) - £9.98. I've also tried Lebara and would recommend them where Vodafone coverage is good.

All these offers are monthly bundles that can be cancelled by turning off auto-renew once you've activated your first month.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭Shoog

3mobile Irish SIM on pay as you go for €20.00 a month has effectively unlimited roaming in the Uk. Was over for 10 days recently and our normal pay as you go SIM was fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,391 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Much appreciated insights, thank you, will check out my 3 coverage as I have 2 PAYG 3 sims

In passing, how does the e-sim work, I orreume its only on one phone and cant be moved?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Hey2.Hey2

Deleted … irrelevant

Post edited by Hey2.Hey2 on

Advertisement