Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rhododendron Removal

• 29-06-2024 8:10am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭

My uncle has some boggy land in Limerick, a couple of years ago some rhododendron appeared in a ditch but he got a shock the other day when he arrived down to see 20 random bushes all over the field some are small but some are forming big clumps now, I said Id ask here for the easiest way to manage them please while they're still small enough to go at with a saw?

Do you have to go digging out roots? I know they're bad from the reports in Kerry etc but isnt that more in forests and inaccessible areas?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,038 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Usually way would be to saw them down and drill the stumps and pour glyphosate in, AFAIK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,755 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Some good advice to be found on X with Rhodo Rangers who are doing extensive work in the West and NW.

https://x.com/RhodoRangers?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭countryjimbo

Lucky that its only 20 or so, get in quick to sort them.

Stem injection was successful in Killarney National Park:

Advertisement