Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Purchasing PRSI Contributions to qualify for pension

Options
  • 29-06-2024 12:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

I was wondering has anyone done this? I worked in Ireland for roughly 6 and a bit years then moved abroad. I'm thinking of coming back to Ireland when I retire and if I understand correctly it is possible to purchase contributions as if you get to 10 years contributions you would get a state pension (contributory). Is there anywhere I can ask about this? I have a PPS number but need a new card apparently to check it online but last time I was home I wasn't able to get an appointment for the card unfortunately and I have to be there in person.

On a side note I assume if you are already of pension age it is too late to purchase contributions.

Comments

Advertisement