Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Title deeds

Options
  • 29-06-2024 5:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭

Hi, need some help. I am purchasing a non residential property & I have been told by the seller that no deeds to the property or the land on which it sits exist. The building is about 55 years old. My solicitor informed me the seller can still sell it regardless & that a developer has expressed some interest. My question is if there are no deeds in the land registry then is there some other way to trace ownership? I'm worried if the sale goes through that someone will crawl out of the woodwork with legitimate deeds.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,511 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

Is the title registered at Landgate, or is this unregistered property?

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Stephen Gawking

It appears to be unregistered, any of the neighbours in the immediate vicinity seem to have no recollection of who originally owned it as far as I can tell. I've heard of companies that can trace these kinds of things but not sure if they'd be able to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,511 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

Who's offering it for sale, and on what basis does he claim to own it or to be be entitled to sell it? How did he acquire the land, and from whom?

Plus, when you say "it appears to be unregistered", I'm not sure what you mean. You have a solicitor involved and your solicityr can find out, and tell you, whether or not the land is registered. You don't have to go by "appearances" here.

Advertisement