Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Health insurance and out of hours gp service

Options
  • 29-06-2024 6:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

I have health insurance with VHI. Have serious eye infection so went to out of service gp today. Told me to come back within 24 hours if no improvement with anti bacterial drops etc. another 80 bucks. I know I can claim most of it back via snap claim but does anyone else think it’s a rip off?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Duffycon

duffycon here again - meds cost €70 and I can’t claim those back.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,807 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

What you're covered for varies according to what plan you're on. You're never going to get all your day to day medical expenses covered by insurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭Deagol

Let me guess? You had better things than your eyesight to be spending on the money on? Not sure of the point of your post?

hi Jim_Hodge yes I know that but I am not shorting on my health insurance - paying good money for it. I look at Canada and the Scandinavian countries and I see how things should be done

So you’re a troll. Living in your mother’s basement probably. Saddo

• Advertisement

that’s to deagol or whatever you call yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭ItHurtsWhenIP

Don't forget you can claim back 20% of your non-VHI covered medical expenses, including medicines, from Revenue after the year ends.

So if the doc cost €80 and lets say VHI gives you €30, then you can claim 20% of the remaining €50 … so you'll get €10 back from Revenue.

Advertisement