Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alarm & alarm installer recommendations

Options
  • 29-06-2024 7:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭

I haven't had a bike in 10 years and am getting a new one very soon. I'd like to get an alarm fitted and wondered if anyone has any recommendations for a particular make and model or any recommendations for good alarm installers? Also, anyone using trackers and have any thoughts on them? Many thanks.

Edit: Forgot to mention I'm in the South Dublin area.

Post edited by GooseB on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭JP 1800

If its a new bike, would there not be a factory alarm option?. I have some older bikes and I installed my own alarm. Depending on the make and model of bike there are some options for aftermarket alarms out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭GooseB

It's a new bike, just an immobiliser fitted. Years ago, on my last bike a guy called Christie from Cellsafe installed an alarm for me and did a neat, professional job. That's all the details I can remember. I know it's questionable how effective they can be but having one is better than not. I also told the insurer that I intended to fit one.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Sir Galahad

Try D.R car security on Facebook. He does high end car systems but he was talking about doing some bikes. Don't listen to anyone tell you an alarm wont stop the scrots taking your bike. The noise a good alarm makes may give you the heads you need to know someone is moving your bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,684 ✭✭✭micks_address

Poster on here Altor did our house alarm. Recommended

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭Wood

Christie works in GEM now in Donnybrook with Dave. He installed an alarm for me not too long ago, absolute gentleman and top quality work

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭GooseB

Christie works in GEM now in Donnybrook with Dave. He installed an alarm for me not too long ago, absolute gentleman and top quality work

Thanks for that. I looked at Gem on Google maps, might give them a shout. I see that Bikefafe .ie are nearby too. I used them to do my pre-test and insurance assessment years ago when I got my first bike, David Lyons was his name. I found him very good.

Advertisement