Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First time with Ryan Air

Options
  • 30-06-2024 12:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭

I'm nervous about flying RA from all the comments I've heard. I found this https://thetravelhack.com and wondering if the advice is any good. Is there anything I need to be aware of, I'm not very tech savvy, and I'm not even sure if my phone is smart enough any more! Any advice offered I would be grateful for.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭dublin49

we are OAPs and never have any trouble with Ryan air,I prefer to print off boarding passes and can do it weeks out and works grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭alias no.9

Ryanair don't give you anything that they don't absolutely have to and they will try to sell you stuff you absolutely don't need but fundamentally they are a safe airline. If you're ok with flying, there's nothing about Ryanair specifically that should worry you.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,531 ✭✭✭Gusser09

Best of luck. I hate flying with them. A really **** experience. But look they'll get you to where you want to go.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,620 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i've only ever been on ryanair for one (return) flight; and no joke, michael o'leary checked us in as we were boarding.

i assume all new ryanair passengers get this treatment?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,525 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

That website (apart from just being an Amazon associate link dump) has basically copied everything on the Ryanair site that they already heavily push on all bookings. Every charge, late fee etc they tell you when making the booking and checking in etc.

Been using RA for years and they are no different than AL except being cheaper for the same service

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭muzakfan

Print out your boarding passes on paper if you don't want to use the phone. As long as the QR code can be scanned you're good.

Ryanair are grand, excellent safety record. You pay for a seat on a plane, that's what you get, nothing more, everything else costs extra. As long as you're clear on that you're golden.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Nightwing1862

If you're planning a carry-on and a personal item into the cabin you'll need to have booked "priority and 2 cabin bags". Otherwise you'll need to add a checked 10kg bag to your booking and drop it at the bag drop.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Jellybaby_1

Appreciate all the replies. All I want is a seat, and to make sure I haven't broken their rules with bags because I've heard the bag sin is the worst sin of all. Thanks everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭alias no.9

Absolute worst case scenario is that they want to shake you down for more money, realistically they don't check too closely beyond something that looks like a cabin bag and something that looks like a 'small bag', it just takes too much time.

If you're cutting it that close, just be one of the last to board and the only thing the crew will be worried about is closing the gate as soon as possible. You're really overthinking this.

Advertisement