Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help laying artificial grass!

Options
  • 30-06-2024 3:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,947 ✭✭✭

Hi all

I am looking to lift 100 40cm x 40 cm garden tiles and replace with artificial grass.

The garden was tiled by a professional but I imagine lifting them will be easy enough. I have tried jamming a shovel down the side and lifting that first tile to make the rest easy but cannot quite manage it. Any tips on how to get the first tile up? I am sure the rest will be easy once there is a gap. Pic so you can see what I'm working with.

A couple of people who have artificial grass already have told me that once the tiles are up, all I'll need to do is lay a layer of weed membrane in the space and then put the grass on top, hammered in with a few galvanised nails, as the subbase already laid for the tiles will provide a fine base for the grass.

Does anyone know if this is true or if I need to do anything else?

I usually get professionals to do this type of thing but money is tight and it sounds like a relatively simple job. I have a place that will cut the grass to size for me - its a 4m by 4m square so no complex edges or anything.

Any hints or tips welcome.

Comments

Advertisement