Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Ireland Weekender reasonable usage

Options
  • 30-06-2024 4:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭

I'm on the weekender plan and find I'm saving on the bills. The terms and conditions are a bit vague as to how much you can use between 0800 and 2300. They don't say how much you can use, only 'if we think' you are using too much you will be moved to a different plan. I can use up to 66 KWH on the 'Free' day (includes an EV), so just wondering should I hold back a bit?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Tails142

I regularly use 100kwh on the free day and about 20 to 30kwh on the paid days and have never heard from them.

You're limited by your main fuse as to how much you can draw, which I think for me with a 60A fuse is around 16kw/h so it's not like there is no ceiling.

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭cbreeze

Happy days! EI's free time is better than Bord Gais, which is from 0900 to 1700.

Advertisement