Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are-ireland-and-leinster-the-biggest-chokers-in-world-rugby ?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Clo-Clo

SA and NZ spent 4 years building towards the WC, the 42 was talking about it the other day and Rassie is already in WC mode.

That's because the RC is not valued and doesn't bring in enough money so they don't care. SA could lose every game between now and WC and not care.

It's a different model for Ireland, one that SA would love to have if they are honest

• Registered Users Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

Rassie is already in WC mode.

How? He’s picked the oldest, most experienced team available to him for Saturday

SA could lose every game between now and WC and not care.

This just isn’t true. You can’t seriously tell me that Rassie will just shrug and move on in if Ireland win this series, or that if NZ win in Ellis Park, no one will be bothered.

• Administrators Posts: 53,728 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Are we seriously saying that SA only lose matches that they're not really bothered about? 

Nope, literally nobody has said this that I have seen.

SA don't care as much about the games in between World Cups as the likes of us. They don't particularly care about the RC, certainly to nowhere near the same extent as we care about the 6N. It's not that all the games they lose are ones they aren't bothered about, but a lot of them are.

It's not that unusual, tour series are completely meaningless and a relic of the amateur era, for teams like SA that rate themselves on RWCs it is not hard to see why the players might not be able to get themselves to the top of their game for fixtures like this. I partly suspect that's why Erasmus is engaged in all this nonsense, he personally really wants to beat us and he's trying to find a way to get his players as invested as possible in the series.

Nope, literally nobody has said this that I have seen

It’s literally in the post above yours.

• Advertisement

No.

You said

Are we seriously saying that SA only lose matches that they're not really bothered about? 

You are implying that someone suggested that the only games that SA lose are the games they don't care about, and therefore they win every game they care about.

He said:

SA could lose every game between now and WC and not care.

This is not at all the same as what you're suggesting. It was suggested that SA lose a lot of games that they don't care about. It was never suggestd that ALL games they lose are the ones they don't care about. It was never suggested that the ONLY games they ever lose are the ones they don't care about.

The difference in these statements is enormous.

I didn’t imply anything, you inferred something. The difference between those is enormous.

I’m used to people being incredibly negative about Ireland but swallowing the Boks pre match horseshit quite so enthusiastically is a little dispiriting.

Advertisement